When we hear the word nourish we usually think of healthy food, but nourishment is more than just food; it’s what feeds our soul. It’s also important to note that according to dictionary.com nourish is a verb. Nourish is defined as:
- to sustain with food or nutriment; supply with what is necessary for life, health, and growth.
- to cherish, foster, keep alive, etc.
- to strengthen, build up, or promote
There’s no right and wrong when it comes to what nourishes you. But you do have to take the time to get quiet and listen to your heart. Quiet all the outside voices and expectations and listen to your heart, your intuition. Find out what makes your heart soar; what gets you up in the morning ready to take on another manic Monday!
Then when you find what truly nourishes you mind, body, and soul you have to take action. You have to make healthy choices that help you grow, feel alive, and make you happy!
I’ll share with you a few things that nourish me:
- laughing with friends and being goofy while living in the moment
- eating fresh, local food
- a challenging workout that makes me sweat
- traveling to new and exciting places
- a glass of red wine after a long day
My challenge for you is to find what nourishes you and take action today!